- i have 8 friends i could ask compute resources from
- each has their own infrastructure and ways of working
- and i am a tired lady
clearly, the solution:
- create a system that abstracts over infrastructure and authentication (because we need another ldap implementation in the world) and submits compute requests via email to the respective admin, who can accept or deny it
- i want something midway in the "pet" x "cattle" sysadmin spectrum
- i'd say in the extreme of "pet" there is the server i bought myself, i installed proxmox on it myself, i setup the container myself, i put all the ip rules myself, etc
- on the extreme of "cattle" there is kubernetes? i think?