Welcome to the funny VR lifehack video consolidator.
I am too tired of clickbait videos, here are most of their condensed information.
- Get yourself a carpet or a fan to center yourself in the physical world
Quest 2 #
- Explore, explore, explore the settings!
- Experimental features are awesome.
- I want to cite the things that I didn't learn through settings.
- Having weird troubles with the headset?
- There is a possibility a factory reset can fix it!
- Anecdotal evidence: One issue I had was running my own apps and then, being unable to do anything else with the screen, it was fully locked up. Just the screen though, if I clicked the Oculus button, I could feel the vibration of the buttons, etc. A factory reset did the trick for this kind of weird issue.
- Not obvious but the side arms that contain the speakers and hold the headstrap can rotate up and down.
- "vrshell" is the main application of the quest, it's where you see the store, load the browser, etc
- Quest tracking is based on infrared. If you want to VR in the dark, use IR illuminators in your room.
- Tracking frequency is configurable to 50Hz or 60Hz. It's likely best to set it to Auto
- I haven't seen evidence on setting it higher meaning anything.
- Developer Mode
- Gives you ADB access, which is important for things like SideQuest, letting you install own APKs, or change obscure system settings.
- Android applications work on the Quest 2 without any change
- It's all APKs!
- F-Droid can be installed! It can run KeePass, what the fuck!
- IPD adjustment
- Setting 1 - 58mm
- Setting 2 - 63mm
- Setting 3 - 68mm
- You can set in-betweens
- scrcpy works on the Quest 2, but it's a distorted view. There is also latency issues when using vrshell.
- Nice for VR content creators that need to use cameras inside the lenses to record things regarding the Guardian system (like v34's Space Sense).
- Power + VolDown while turning the quest 2 on brings the headset bootloader up.
- Right now, this is only useful for factory resets and sideloading a system update manually.
- System updates can have slow rollouts.
- If you heard about a new version, but going to the About section of settings didn't show the update, it's likely because they didn't let you have it yet.
- Don't panic!!!!! I'm not panicking!!!!!!!!
- Privacy Settings can be ignored if you meet others in VR.
- Namely, meeting people on VRChat will make them know about your Quest account and you about theirs.
- Controller shortcut for screenshots.
- Press quest button on right controller.
- Press trigger button on right controller.
- Release both.
- The order should be clear, do not attempt to do the first two steps at the same time, it isn't like a keyboard.
- Proper Headstrap setup
- Keep the top strap adjusted to take weight
- Do not overtight the side straps